Monday, September 10, 2012

BIENNAL XAVIER MISERACHS OFF Maysun (Saragossa, 1980) "Egyptian women. Between revolution and democracy"



BIENNAL XAVIER MISERACHS OFF  ( <---- follow the link )



Maysun (Saragossa, 1980)
"Egyptian women. Between revolution and democracy"


(ENGLISH) 

One year after the revolution, and facing the first elections supposedly free and democratic of the history of the country,  egyptian women continue, more than ever, in search of democracy, empowerment and human rights. 

These are the women that still weeps their sons, brothers and husbands that died during the riots against the military regime. Women from different social class, age and condition. 

Some, deeply marked by traditional and religious values prevailing and defenders, at all costs, of what was provided by the Old Regime. 

Other, united by the desire for equality and freedom, values sorely needed in a country that relegates them, both in social and political terms, to the background and invisibility. 



(SPANISH) 

Un año después de la revolución, y enfrentándose a las primeras elecciones supuestamente libres y democráticas de la historia del país, las mujeres egipcias continúan, más que nunca, en busca de democracia, empoderamiento y derechos humanos. 

Estas son las mujeres que aún lloran a sus hijos, hermanos y maridos caídos durante las revueltas; mujeres de diferentes edades, condición y clase social. Algunas de ellas, profundamente marcadas por los valores tradicionales y religiosos imperantes y defensoras, a ultranza, de lo establecido por el 
Antiguo Régimen. 

Otras, unidas por el deseo de igualdad y libertad, valores profundamente necesarios en un país que las relega, tanto en el plano social como el político, a un segundo plano, a la invisibilidad. 

Pero todas ellas dispuestas a luchar, con uñas y dientes, para que se escuchen sus voces.  

4 comments:

  1. Wоnderful goods from you, mаn. I've be mindful your stuff previous to and you are simply extremely wonderful. I actually like what you've acquіred here, certainly like what you arе saying and the wаy in which
    thrοugh which you are saying it. You make it enjoуable and you still care
    for to stay it ѕmart. I сan not waіt to leагn fаr mοre from
    you. Thаt is reallу a terrіfic ωeb site.
    my webpage: bd news

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Thank you so much for your words. I'm glad you like my work. I wanted to check about yours but it's encrypted of I'm not able to see it form here (Syria)

    I'll check it later again. I'm a woman, btw ;)

    All the best,

    Maysun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful photograph! I have a question,did you take the photo? If I am understanding it right, it says, Maysun (Saragossa, 1980) "Egyptian women. Between revolution and democracy." What does 1980 mean? I am just a new comer to photography but doesn't the date mean the date of when the photo was taken? Also, you have roots in Palestine? I don't understand what that means, your parents are from Palestine? Or does roots mean ancestors way back on the family tree. I look forward to your work around this, good luck! Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Thank you for your words. Yes, I'm the author of the picture. Maysun is my name, Zaragoza is the place I was born and 1980 is the year I was born. The picture was taken this year, 2012. Thank you again for your message.

    Best,

    Maysun.

    ReplyDelete